Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chinese New Year !!!


Feb 14, which is Valentines Day for most ppl, but for me, it's more towards Chinese New Year.
The CNY was the festival that i always looked forward to in a year with many reasons..main ones being that i get to be together with families for a few consecutive days as they would be busy doing business during the rest of the year and also the only time of the year where i get to meet up with most of my relatives.
Good food and friends gathering were also the highlights for me during CNY not forgetting "Red Packet" from relatives and families.
CNY has since transformed from my favourite days in a year to a "not so looking forward to" one since my stay in Australia 5 years ago.
I have only return to Penang once for CNY in that 5 years and again i will be celebrating my new year here in Brisbane this time.
We dont see much decoration or the "red atmosphere" or should i say non at all over here for CNY except in China Town and hugely Chinese populated areas. So basically life goes on as normal while friends and families are celebrating back in Malaysia:(

Basically,my 2010 CNY can be sum up in 3 sentences:
Friday: I will have my early "reunion dinner" with colleagues in a chinese restaurant for our office's cny dinner.
Saturday: probably go get some good food in China Town on new year eve
Sunday: new year lunch with friends & this is it:)
might sound empty to many ppl..:P
The lucky thing is that i do not have to work on the first day of chinese new year both this and last year as they coincidentally fall on either a public holiday or on a weekend.(was Australian Day Last year)

Wishing everyone a Roaring Tiger New Year!!
新年快乐

1 comment:

Ivan Lee said...

aww... dont fret, at least u still got to spend it with some of ur friends. btw Happy Chinese New Year to you too!